Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate chip cookies are the only dessert I absolutely cannot resist. Whenever I bake a batch, they usually only last a day or two because I mow through them. Sadly, my diet is devoid of wheat and dairy these days, so I haven't had any in quite some time. Hmm, perhaps that explains why my jeans fit. But alas, I cannot survive for long without the delicious combination of the savory dough and bittersweet chocolate. Enter vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. I would tell you they're as good as their butter-filled counterparts, but alas, butter has no competition.

1 cup coconut oil
1/2 mashed banana
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups evaporated cane juice
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1/4 cup flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (not milk chocolate)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.

Whisk together the oil, banana, salt, vanilla and evaporated cane juice. Combine the dry ingredients in a large measuring cup and then fold into the oil and sugar mixture. When integrated completely, fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake on parchment-lined baking sheets for 15 minutes.

adapted from BabyCakes

No comments:

Post a Comment